Friday, February 10, 2006

What time do your kids go to bed??

I am a recovering nap-aholic. When my kids are buggin it must be naptime!! Last week I kept them awake gave each an afternoon nap. Then it was evening and they had been eating dinner yawning..... good sign. So I put them in the bath dressed them brushed teeth and sent them speedily to bed.

The sign of relief and the excitement of me time was just setting in as I glanced at the clock.

6:03pm


ummmmmmmm..... CRUD. Parenting skills 101 states 3:00 am is now your wakey time with two very well rested childeren.

I hoped, I hoped they would sleep through.

BOTH did. Oh that gave me hope. I could have my sweet things in bed by 7:00-7:30pm!!! They would sleep all though the night. Since then it has worked!! One major nap and all my dreams can come true my shift ends at 7:00pm.

My Band has not been getting home until 9:00pm on the bad days and 8:00pm on the good ones. So the stamina is definately being challenged. They only wake up at 7:30-8:00am and I think that is a good time for me.

So what time do your kids go to bed?? If you don't have kids what time do your pets go to bed?? No pets nor kids? What time do you go to bed??

7 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

My kids are such good sleepers, Thankfully. Younger ones are in bed by 7 older at 8. Wake up time is 8. I am afraid though that this good sleeping now is a sign of the future, Teenagers that stay out all night...zoikes....

Donnetta said...

8 at our house for the kiddos. DH is down by about 9:30 (but he gets up at 4:30? go figure) I attempt 10:30-11. The kids up between 6-7 comes way too early!! And my daughter still struggles with sleeping all night. So, my block of sleep is rarely straight through. Ahh... life with young un's...

Unknown said...

my goal is 8:30 but if the Hubs is working late they are in bed as early as I can get them there. Mama's gotta go off duty in a big way.

emlouisa said...

My 2 year old sleeps from 8 to 7, my 6 month old sleeps from 6:30 to 8, with one or two wakeups in between. I'm in love with putting them to bed early. Once it hits about 5:30 I am totally counting down the clock. Not that I dont' love them...

Love your blog!!!

Kathryn Thompson said...

Earlier is supposedly better than later. I do 7 or 7:30 for my toddler. If you've got sleep issues, I suggest "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Weissbluth. It's a good one.

Stephanie said...

We shoot for 8.

But they get up EARLY.

ShelahBooksIt said...

My kids are in bed at 7pm. Yep, all three of them. Of course, the oldest one (almost 6) stays up until 10, singing and talking and reading to himself. But as long as I get an hour or two in the evening to fold laundry and watch tv in peace I can face the world.