Sunday, February 26, 2006

This Year is DIFFERENT !!!!

I have to admitt I am not one to be glued to every tear jerking moment of the Olympics. I already have to struggle with "drama-queenism" and getting all wrapped up in the individual stories requires an emotional recovery every time they only get silver.

I was living happily in SLC during the Olympics of 2002 and didn't attend one event. My husband is still rolling his eyes ( in a kind gentle fashion of course). I decided this year was going to be different. I am going to watch and invest!! I am going to really love the skaters, looooshers, and curlers. Winter Olympics here I come.

I am amazed at what happens when you start watching it is like you put yourself in the place of these awesome athletes. I am really thinking this is great I found an Olympian that I look like. You tell me if you see the resemblence.



I bring you MY OLYMPIC MOMENT!!!










I think we have a little OMAR in all of us!!

7 comments:

Jess Riley said...

That picture totally cracked me up! I didn't really watch too much of the Olympics...but my husband enjoyed them.

Thanks for visiting my blog! :)

Stephanie said...

Yeah, I didn't attend any of the 2002 events either even though we were living in Provo.

I've been watching this year though!

Unknown said...

Wow, you are one cute speed skater!

Kathy said...

LOL. hillarious!

i don't know what you're talking about with the drama queenism. i cannot relate.

how sad am i to have missed all the skating. stupid budgets.

Carrie said...

I did not attend any of the events either even though we were living in Provo, but I was in the hospital the day after opening ceremonies delivering my little girl.

As a side note, I had to remind my husband and the nurse midwife that my labor pains were more important than cross-country skiing or whatever was on at the time. It was more of a screaming like, "I AM IN PAIN HERE AND SHUT THAT THING OFF, NOOOOWWWWW!" There may have been a couple of these %#@%, too. We have a really cool Olympic blanket they gave the babies born during the Olympics though and of course, a wonderful little girl.

Anyways . . . I get invested in the Olympics, too. It is fun to watch, though. I loved the look on Apollo's face when he won, but you make much cooler looking speed skater!

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Man I never noticed how good looking the speed skaters were this year.

I am addicted to the Olympics, my favorite part is making fun of Bode Miller through the whole thing. This year was EASY!!!!!

Kathryn Thompson said...

The soul patch is the best! Mine never comes in that full.