Monday, February 06, 2006

Weekly schedules, Projects and Stuff



I just received a brochure in the mail today for a peaceful, quaint, happy, land called "Organized." When I visited I would only stay for short periods of time. So upon returning home I would daydream frequently about what it was like.

I have noticed that the brochure has many themes one that seems to be repeating itself is....

Weekly Schedule

I haven't had one for awhile. My first memory of a weekly schedule is in grade school. Where there certain days had certain activities take place. The one that is immediately coming to memory is Friday flip-up-day where 10 enthused first grade boys would chase down the girl (who forgot it was Friday flip up day and decided to wear a skirt). This is the rest of the schedule as I can recall.


Monday- Mix up day (pants on backwards were ok this day)
Tuesday- Tickle day (this obviously was pre-sexual harrassment legislation era)
Wednesday-Wild day (anything goes day)
Thursday- ( this one I can't remember)
Friday -Flip-up day

My schedule all growed up is lookin like this:

Monday-Mania Day
Tuesday- got it together Day
Wednesday-Wash Day
Thurs- Think Day
Friday- Fun with Band Day. (not Band-aid)
Saturday- Saucy day
Sunday- Sit quiet day.


I am still missing a couple of days that are part of my week. There is sit- in -the- bath- for- hours-day, Sell my children on e-bay day, Band forgot to takeout the trash day(He is allowed "get out of jail free card" cause his Seahawks lost last night. He is a wee bit emotionally distraught.) , and feed- the -ducks- at- the -gross- local- man -made -pond -while -watching- drug- deals -go -down- day.

In my attemps to revisit the land of organized I have used some technology. My camera....Taking picture of areas in my house that need make-overs or straight up DO-OVERS. Then after I have fixed it I take another picture. JD's version of "Extreme-Zen- Clothes-folding -drawer- make- overs. It keeps me entertained.
My children are still young enough not to know that it is unnatural for Mommies to take picutures of their closets, drawers, and night stands, every couple of months. They do know that the bathroom and the kitchen don't need their picture taken. They are pretty 90 percent fo the time.

One day I plan to retire just on the outskirts of this "land of organized" I don't think we could live directly in the land because grandchildren would probably visit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

today is a sell your kids on ebay day over here. also, eat alot of junkfood while browsing blogs day.

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Tuesday is no bra day at my house. I don't care what we do, I just don't do it with a bra. Weren't you wondering that? Other than that our schedule looks alot like your kids schedule, we never did grow up and once we did, our kids ruled the roost.

Donnetta said...

Schedule? Is there such thing? I thought it was always a figment of my imagination. I never seem to be able to find one anyway. :-)

Susan said...

Monday is Everyone Will Go to School Or Else day at my house. And Friday is Mommy's Not Cooking day.

And the rest I just wing.