Saturday, February 25, 2006

Pushy paper products, no just pens for me Please....

It started with Bill Cosby and his silly doodle pen show when I was little. Ever since then I was in love with the Pen!! All sorts gel, ink, felt tip, and ball point. I have had the obsession for quite sometime. It is what has made journaling, homework, and calendars in my purse bearable.

I like Parker and Cross pens the best. The devastation is getting to be too great when I loose them in the car or my room, so I have slowed to a crawl on those purchases.

I go through these phases of crafts and creativity. 2002 brought the crochet phase, then that turned swiftly into the knitting phase. 2003-2004 was the scrapbooking phase. I am slowly coming down off that one. I have avoided the scrap stores and all night scrap parties for the past few months. Throughout all these phases there remains the pen and journaling phase.

I love paper goods!! I have a billion notebooks that are half full(forever the optimist). I could start my own half used notebook store. I promised myself I would start fillin in the other half of note books before I bought new ones. They are so cheap in most cases and I love the feel of a clean sheet followed by 149 clean ones.

Papermate still is the best ball point pen, blue or black. I am addicted and I love it!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Papermate was always my favorite too when I was in high school. In college I started treating myself to the more expensive pens, you know . . . the $3.00 pens! Such a splurge. I love the uniball roller pens, the ones with the ink that shakes around inside?

You know that part in "You've Got Mail" where Meg Ryan talks about office supplies? That could so be me. I love that part.

Anonymous said...

You are too cute...

Donnetta said...

Ok, another favorite from Bill Cosby... music please... "Picture pages, picture pages, time to get your picture pages. Time to get your crayons and your pencils..."(do you remember that one?) Somehow I don't remember that ditty including pens, markers, or other writing tools, but he had us writing... didn't he?

Kathryn Thompson said...

I am the same. I have a real addiction to buying and using new pens and paper. Then I keep them around because I don't want to waste them...but then they're old so...