Saturday, September 18, 2010

Some times it is time for a swing.


With the Band's graduation come and gone searching high and low ways to figure out what are next move is.

At times it is like I have this great monster truck ready to roll over all 36 cars and it has no gas in the engine. We just don't know where focus all the energy. Praying and Searching has been a real challenge when you feel good about all the options in equal measures. The Band is now at Toyota selling cars. He has been applying everywhere but the "just while we find another job" job is going so well.

In the search for answers to the hard questions I have found that returning to the small things really has it's perks.

In high school one of the favorite things my BFF and I would do was go to the swing set in West Point and see how high we could go. We would talk about all the stuff going on.

Still the swings are soothing place for me and luckily my kids love them too. Davis is the perfect place to contemplate as you return to the basics. Bike trails and parks are a plenty and it is still fall not raining too bad yet.

I know there is change coming I am just hoping to accept all that comes with the change.

Until then more prayer, seeking, and a return to the simple pleasures in life.

3 comments:

Ixchelle said...

sure love you Jen!!! Sure hoping those rainy days will turn into sunshine for you. Miss you.

Bonnie Weeks said...

Great post. And I love your new picture capabilities. It is the simple things that make everything easier and more relaxed. Good luck as things continue to roll forward and change.

M said...

Ah-ha! It wasn't until I read your post I realized why I crave the rocking chair. It's where I do my best thinking, plotting, and scheming. Hey- they scheme why can't I. Hang in there! Do you remember watching tennis and a certain kid's tv show while on the phone with one another? lol. I'll keep you in my prayers.