Friday, October 24, 2008

This mornings Bike ride.....

OK so I have loved to talk big and say I am going to get on the bike more. This morning I loaded up all children and attached them precariously to my bicycle. And left the house by 8:15am. Well Thing 1 has to be there by 8:30am. That was just not happening. I turned around after three minutes for multiple reasons.
1. At the speed I was going it would have taken me a good 45 minutes to get there.
2. I significantly underestimated the total weight of three of MY children.
3. When I pulled up behind the car. I found that the Fish had "loaded his drawers". (in other words POOPED!) That would have been one screaming meany fish by the time we would have gotten home.

Last week I had biked to Thing2's school but there is a free way over pass (and another mile or so) that stands in between me on my bike and Thing 1's school. I am going to keep working on the whole "I can bike them to school" thing until my legs are ready for a beating.

I love that we live in a town where bikes are the norm and not the exception. If I was riding in any other city I maybe know as the "Crazy biking Mom" but since there are so very many bikers here I am just one of the crowd.


Here are shots the Band took last week on one of our rides. Notice how many children I have to pull around? And please excuse all cheesyness.

3 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

I LOVE it and I feel the exact same way about biking. It truly is a beating on my legs and I wonder how so many moms go everywhere with their kids, truly amazes me! I'm proud of you Jenn for attempting it, hey if you ever want to ride together give me a call and maybe we can push each other. LOL
Love the pictures!

Emily said...

i'm totally impressed you can pull all three of them! that's intense!

Melissa/McRae said...

Go you guys for biking!! I hear ya on underestimating the weight of these chillins...seriously underestimated what it would be like to push Abby, Zach in the double jogger and carry Russell in the Bjorn...sweatin' to the oldies was my new game!