Wednesday, October 08, 2008

The Naps

Around here we have all had these fluke days where all three go down at the same time. And sleep for like two hours. Today was one of those days.

Only they went down at 2:30 pm and didn't wake until 5pm so I thought i was safe around 6pm to take them all to the grocery store. Without fail every time I take all three I am reminded why I never go to the grocery store with all three.

It used to be fine when they all were in the cart. Now only one (the fish) stays quietly in the cart. Thing 1 and Thing 2 do as they please whooping and hollering the entire time. We live in an area that is not so family oriented, and I happened to be a grocery store that at least tonight had only one child families there. I was shocked at how much noise my children can make in one grocery store.

We had a discussion of what is appropriate level of noise in a store where others -as well as mommy- is trying to get some shopping done. Let me just say I think I had twenty items and I bailed. There comes a point where they start hitting each other and yelling at the top of their lungs and I say.......I really didn't need cheese that bad, nor eggs nor bread. I walk out with "Pink milk mix", some tic tacs, and apple sauce. Good gracious!

This usually leads to a three week stint of shopping alone in the wee hours of the night or insane hours in the morning. Or until I forget what experience has taught me. Three children 4 and under don't make for happy shoppin' moms.

I walk in my house and don't even recognize the dining room. How did it get that messy all of a sudden? Had I failed to go into the room for the past two weeks?
SUBJECT CHANGE...

TV at our place:)

For the past six or seven months we have been using the bunny ears to capture the first 7 or so channels on the dial. This is awesome only NBC doesn't come in so clearly. We have been missing great shows like "the office". The best thing is they are online! I need to get the last season but there is a new season! We have been serious fans ever since our friends got us hooked -thanks Josh- it is honestly the only thing that makes me laugh out loud while watching.

Gots to go catch up!

2 comments:

k gale said...

you are brave and crazy. If you just stick to all the high class stores I go to you would not stick out at all.

Jo Lynn said...

I love you Jenn, your honesty is great. I always told myself I will only go grocery shopping alone and I hope I stay true to that....LOL
Yeah for naps all at the same time...