Saturday, March 04, 2006

I will take one of those......

We are in line at our local grocery store and there is the lady at the checkout stand and I take a look at the gum stand and start to make my selection.

Then I ask," Do you have any recommendations?"

Wrigley's Extra Watermelon is the one given. I am recommending that, and the new KOOLERS pinha colada. Great choices for sugarless gum. I can just feel the cancer starting in all the parts of my body as I chew*.

This is kinda how it is for me. If it comes recommended I will give it a whirl.
Here are some of the things that are new to me this week.

1. Frozen Food Junkism: I am now loving three cheese sauce and Broccoli, Friday's Chicken quesadilla, Marie Calendars Chicken Broccoli and Fettucini Alfredo, Oh and the before mentioned Shredded beef Chimmichangas you can get at Sams.

2. The AP literature Reading list. I figure I am almost thirty now I can start reading and understanding those books now. Well we will see. LOL I sure didn't get them when I read them in High School.

3. The new pen that I am testing out is the Papermate Profile. It has a 1.4 Boldness to it you can't find in any of the other ball point pens. (Did I mention I was obsessed?)

4. Doing some calm breathing before taking exams.

5. Doing some calm breathing before deciding how to punish thing 1 for dumping the fruit stars all over the countertop.

6. Started checking off a list of people from my past to reconnect with. I would happily call it a "stalker list", only I am not calling any old boyfriends or past love interests. Just friends that are girls that I have not talked with for a really long time.
- The next person is my bestfriend from Jr. High. ( That should be fun!)

What are new things you have tried lately??

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

All organic vegetarian hair products. My hair has never been this great in my entire life. Healthy, shiny, static free and soft. That was a new one for me.

Blogging..... :)

Emily said...

i tried the grape nuts trail mix. it's yummy; less crunchy than grape nuts, but still the same feel; sweeter too. sounds lame, but i really like grape nuts.

GiBee said...

Oh, yeah... I just tried on Friday night some yummy chicken and apples made by Gerber. Pureed to a fine stage two. Exotic eating at its finest. You really must try it.

Actually, while I'm not really kidding about the above, I did try out a new baby gadget this weekend, and absolutely fell in love with it (I am the gadget queen)... It's the Baby Safe Feeder ... I know, I know... you're probably all thinking, why bother? Well, because my son has no teeth yet, he's teething, and it hurts, and I want him to try new things. I put cut up grapes in the mesh bag, and he sucked every living bit of juice and flesh out of those grapes and left me with skins. I thought it was pretty cool. And 100% easier than the Sassy ones.

Oh, well ... what can I say? My life revolves around a helpless babe now... oh, and my 5 month old, too.

Rachelle said...

I tried out a new remote control - love it! And I am going to have to try out some of the frozen foods you suggested.

JD said...

Those are great!! thanks for the ideas!!

Queen: where do you find such wonderful products??

Emily: i love Grape nuts!Thanks for the recommendation.

Gibee:I a dying to try the apple and chicken stuff!!

rachelle: I love remotes that don't get lost... other wise I need a leash on mine LOL

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

Nutter Butter's dipped in chocolate. Yuuu-mmmmmy

T said...

The 'something new' I've been trying is a body shaping class. It is great. So here I am with my fingers in my ears 'La la la I'm not listening' to all you decadent new food suggestions. Well, maybe the grape nuts trail mix would be ok. and the gum, is it sugar free?

someone else said...

My newest thing is blogging. It's been an interesting outlet for deep and silly thoughts.

Unknown said...

I just started sleeping in nicer pajamas. They are comfy and I feel pretty as well as comfortable. No more mismatched old t-shirts and shorts.

Lei said...

I traded in my Ritz wheat crakers for Tollhouse wheat crackers this week. Good move, I think!

Mom on the Run said...

I tried the Bruschetta from Traders Joes. I used to try to make my own, but this is so much easier. Plus, it makes any stale bread tastes good!

Kathy said...

i am rediscovering the many wonderful wonders of top ramon.

mmmmm

:P

Muley said...

I guess my new thing this week is finding your blog! I like what I see, and I'll be back.

By the way, I tried the novel concept of sleeping in late on a Saturday recently, but my kids and the phone buzzer vetoed the idea.

Sky said...

1. Canned Turkey Chili from Costco - spicy and delicious!
2. Healthy and delicious Flax4Life Wild Blueberry Muffins (made locally in WA)
3. Making spinach (mixed with various greens) salads with baby carrots, raisins, and fresh mandariin orange slices and putting a big piece of fresh salmon grilled with herbs on top! Yummyyy!
4. Stretching my Achilles tendon while sitting and working on the computer.
5. Reading more poetry which has been stimulated by the Poetry Thursday I participate in here in blogland.

Great idea for a post. Thanks for sharing and making me think about new ways I am living. :)

Jenn said...

new vitamins..with 14 different kinds of probiotic organisms and soil nutrients. Nothing like a dirt shake! hehe.

Sky said...

Where are you? I am missing your humor!