Thursday, January 01, 2009

Day One of the trip

We have been gearing up for this trip since forever. We made the mistake of telling the kids about it about two weeks before we went. I thought we would have some fun with counting down the days. They didn't know what we were in for.

Monday morning was filled with packing and washing laundry to pack in our bags. We snuck some gifts to give the children in a small checked bag. We had a friend take us to the airport. He was really sweet and I love his wife. She is the type of person I want to grow up to be just like. We got to the air port and ate some Cinnabon cinnamon roll, just before we hit the potties and boarded the plane. We were definately not in a big hurry.

On the plane I sat in the seats ahead of the three that were for my Band, and Thing 1 and Thing 2. I had the Fish with me on my lap. The kids pretended they were on the Little Einstien's Rocket and pretended to "blast off". Any one squemish abou the take off probably wasn't so happy about the gleefully yelling children, but it was only an hour and five minute flight to LAX. They dealt with it well.

We found our luggage. And I was mysteriously queezy after the flight. (I don't do to well on planes, trains, and any moving vehicle- one of pregnancy's gifts) The next step was finding my family.
I was ready to sleep and get everything settled in the hotel.

We found Grandma, Aunt L. and the three Uncles.

They were ready for the first taste of our Disney adventure.
So we dropped our bags off and packed ready for an evening of Fireworks and Christmas lights in the par.
This is what happened on the way from LAX to the hotel outside of Disneyland.









All were a bit overwhelmed with joy. When the Shuttle stopped we were all ready to party. When we were coming into the park and walking onto mainstreet Thing 1 was just so excited. There was that giant Christmas tree in the middle of Main Street.
Thing 1 quotes were.
"This is the fun of MY whole LIFE!"
He turned to the Band and said "Oh Dad I love you so much for bringing me here"
We watched the fire works. Thing 2 wasn't a fan of the big booms.
Then we hit the Carousel. From there it was to all the small rides that were generally empty. There was Pinocchio, and the Casey the train ride, and then off to the Dumbo ride. When we called it the heffelump ride it was better. Thing 1 hated Dumbo the movie because the Mama elephant went a bit crazy and started spanking those naughty kids.
The Band and The Uncles went to the other side of the Park and did the big kid rides for a bit. Then it was about 11:00pm and we were exhausted.
We headed back to the Hotel that reminded Aunt L of Santa's Village in the San Berdino Mountains.



3 comments:

Ixchelle said...

lucky dogs! Glad you all got to take a vacation. Tell that cute family of yours that the waites said hola. See you on Sunday.

Ixchelle said...

hi gabe, love sis waite

Jo Lynn said...

Holy crap, Disneyland for Christmas? It can't get better than that. Okay, so you confirmed it. I never got sick on planes and after having Sav I piratically barf every time on the plane now....gosh what we go through after having a baby!
I love the pictures on the plane and in the airport, so funny! Sounds like you had a very merry Christmas!!!!