Monday, June 28, 2010

Swim Lessons



This summer we are trying things different there is a new parenting book on my night stand that is helping cope with the heat, and boredom and crazies of the season. We are swimming!! Well Thing 1 and two are taking lessons. Last year was a bit sketchy when I had all three in the pool at once and tried to keep eveyone's head above water. Thing 2 can tell you some scarry stories so that ended the three "untrained swimming episodes". I am pretty sure we'll be entering the water with a little more confidence this year. And yes, even with all the protective arm floaties I am pretty sure my crew could discover a new method of drowning.

So here we are on the mini swim darts "swim team" which is incredible! I can't wait to see how the next six weeks developes. They love it. I mean... LOVE. IT. You can hear them a block away squealing about what moves they did, and if I had witnessed the spectacular sight of them on a swim noodle. I think I am addicted to this age they are right now. I just want them to always have this much excitement for the things they are doing in life.

The coaching staff caught on really quick to the needs of my Thing 1 and has a "younger male" coach of maybe thirteen assigned to reign him in. I love the fact that I can hear across the two pools and at the top of the bleachers my child's name being called as he is jumping endlessly in the water. Of the 1/2 hour of instruction there is maybe five solid minutes that he is above water listening :) He is more and more like his mother everyday.

1 comment:

Jo Lynn said...

so fun, love the many things you can sign up to keep the kids busy!