Thursday, July 02, 2009

Sweet Sailors

Yeah I hit this point about a month ago when Thing 1 kept saying these things that made me laugh but I have no tools YET in the tool box for.

He had just come home from school all excited about learning about Octopi. I was thrilled as he told me that they changed color when they were angry. I totally grabbed my trusty laptop and started looking up video of these creatures. I found some results and as I showed my son he started singing in a five year old cute voice.....

"Octopussy, Ocotopussy..... and I just lost it.... Laughing. I should have really held it together because a couple of days later he said it again just to make me giggle. It worked, but we were at home with no one around. No sweat. And now a month or so has gone by and I haven't heard it again.

I could just be going through this 'let's-visit-fifthgrade-again' phase but I think i just am there all the time.

So we are reading Scriptures and one of the Prophets of the Book of Mormon is Enos. Well you can tell we have been working hard to get Thing 1 to rhyme, and he is good.
"Enos, Pe.... " is what came out so fast I couldn't stop the high pitched cackle that escaped.

Ok so today we are getting out of the car and Thing 2 gives me the "I am tattling on my brother" look and says,

"Gabe just said "it's so freakin' da_n hot," to which Thing 1 looks at me with this one squinty eye of "dang what is going to be the punishment this time. "

He had said it about a week ago but I wasn't paying close attention just let it go by and not draw any attention to it... and we may have been in the church parking lot. But I had made mention it wasn't a thing we needed to say.

Well after Thing 2 had said the magic phrase together THE FISH chimes in with "freakin' DA_N" over and over like a broken record. Awesome.... can't wait for church on Sunday. Wonder if it will be Hot?
We have outlawed some choice phrases like.

Shut up
Stupid
I hate you
I don't love you

Which before we told them they were not to be used weren't use on a regular basis. I hear them everyday now. SIGH. I don't even want kindergarten to happen to these sweet sailors. Folks, when they find out my favorite swear,* is a swear, we are all in trouble with our moms.



*It begins with Sh.... and is proceeded by "Piece of...." or "Little...." and in times of great peril it has an "OHH".

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Kids Rule. That's all there is to it.
They just say the most awesome things at the most awesome times and there is absolutely nothing we can do about it huh. :)