Sunday, January 29, 2012

The nightmare that is LEGO


I think all of this year's and last year's posts consist of what my kids did while we were sick this week. Thank goodness for legos and curse them at the sametime! We are busy trying to rid our house of the colds, but mostly picking up legos. And finding them everywhere. We have been trying to institute an new rule to confine the disease of legos. They are allowed only in the boy's room. But you know that is just way too difficult to come to dinner with out them in your hand. So I started explaining to Thing 1 it is like you don't bring your school work on the playground you just need to take a break for a bit. The car is the main place where i am going to have to regulate this rule. They have more legos hiding in the car seats than anywhere I believe.
The thing is not just one kid is playing with them it is all of the children! All of the time! I will admitt when it does get bad I take them and hide them for about a week and then I realize how much they save my sanity. They have seen hours and hours of play time. During playdates they are the thing that they do so they can say "look what i have" and "I built this today"!

No comments: