Sunday, January 22, 2012

Glasses, English and making amends.

Yeah this week has been action packed!! We moved thing 2 to Birch Lane which has only been a good move for her and her reading excitment. We do love the Spanish immersion program but she has been taking hits to her self confidence. Seeing her soar at Birch this last week has really made me love the Davis Schools even more. We lucked out with our teacher for Thing 1 and I am finding it is really an awesome district we are in!

We talked to the kids about being Brothers and Sisters in Heavenly Father's family. They were soooo funny realizing for what it seemed like for the first time that kids at school were in that equation.

Patient is one virtue that has been absent in the last couple of nights in my house. After exhausting every tool in the parental tool belt I lead my little fish to bed and told him Mommy needed space. He was very upset and overly tired and his big brother Thing 1 lead him back to bed and cuddled him til he calmed down and fell asleep. I loved how tender and kind he was as he explained that they had to sleep. The next night I allowed them to watch a movie til they were tired enough and they both came up the stairs. Both were lead by thing 1 saying lets go to bed now little Fish. It was adorable to hear him say "Good Night mom I am really tired so I am going to bed now."
I love how he amazes me each day!

No comments: