Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Warning you probably will demand pics. Satisfaction may be delayed

There are some things that have been on my mind lately. Driving though town you can see all the Christmas lights and displays that our neighbors have decorated with. We put all the ornaments on the tree last night. Well not all. We do have some from the salt dough pile that we started a couple days ago for the tree. I thought we couldn’t find the Christmas Bulbs so Thing 2 and I were frantically trying to put tons together. The next day we got Thing 1 in on the action. He was pretty funny. He wanted to do a family of snakes. So we have some snakes as decorations on our tree. They aren’t toddler friendly so some have been broken.
OhKay Now here is the big reveal. I have done our family in dough. Each child has a dough person that is errily just like him or her. Including the fish with his extra plentitude of CRANIUM. It is hard to tell which ornaments were done by me and which are done by my three year old. If it gives you any indication to what type of quality we are talking about. ☺
We have some fun items such as a horn, Chirstmas trees, and the ever popular stars. But this year I thought I would try reindeer. They came out looking like they were walking across the street and head lights just snuck up on them. They look just a little “alarmed”.
I wish I could take pictures of these monstrosities but I have a feeling they are going into a very special shoe box and spending future Christmases with us.
One very talented friend of mine has been assisting me with the creation of Pine Cones. Anyone who frequents the site Kirsty is well aware of what I am talking about. They were quite popular and I can’t stop looking at them;)

4 comments:

Ixchelle said...

We made salt ornaments today. Fun times. Thanks for the invite.

Brigette-boo said...

We definitely NEED pictures of your creations, so get to work!

k gale said...

Your kids are so lucky to have such a great mom to do all those awesome things with them.

Jo Lynn said...

Your new background is super cute, I love it. What took you so long, it's been forever since your last post. We need to know what's going on....hello! jk
I would LOVE to see pictures of your ornaments and I'm sure they look wonderful!