Monday, August 17, 2015

Provo 1 davis - well still standing...

It's days like today I need a blog. I need a  place to write it all down and try figure it out. 

Best friend leaving today was so hard. I know we are gonna see her like in a couple weeks but really the last week has been amazing. I miss her so much it hurts. And she has only been gone like 5 hours. 



We are gonna be doing so much work here in the near future. Just praying she and her hubs are like blissfully happy. I know they are going to a much better place but it feels like one more couple that has grown up and left the school town we have lived in and loved for so long. 

Cleaning her home today and packing the last of the little stuff into the van was sooo hard to keep it together. But I held strong. One because I'm am an ugly crier and two because I don't want to make it harder for her. 

I sat sweeping the front room remembering all the fun amazing times we had in that house. Where babies 2 were born and c sections were recovered from. Where folding laundry and chatting about business and kids happened. Where we lost loved ones and cried when they left too soon. 

When you look at the front room and think of all the memories.... and now it being soooo sooo empty. It broke a little piece of my soul. Could the new people feel the love that happened in that place? In the new house they are going to are the memories that the original family had in that place going to keep going? 

Remembered the bday parties we shared and the baptisms we attended. The weddings we took pictures at the weddings we will take pictures at. Ugh!! 
The weddings she missed cause she was having babies! All the wonderful things that happened there. 

I'm so not thrilled with the current place we are in but I have to say I do love these walls that have kept us healthy and dry and sane and loving each other for so long. I love those that have come and gone. I love my friends and those who get close enough to come into the crazy mess and stay for a chat or food or whatever. 

Empty rooms will be filled again. With love and laughter and a whole lotta living. Utah might have won this round but man it's not over!!! 

See you soon! 






No comments: