Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Where is the time going?

Sitting in the three minute zone at my child school waiting to pick him up. It's thing one. And I am thinking "oh my gosh where has the last seven years gone?" I have this totally sweet Seven year old toothless wonder. I am going to miss this stage! I love them all right now! I just want to freeze my boy right now. Never want to see him grow up!
Oh man his chess skills are kicking my behind!

We play games once a week with his class and their families. It is math focused so they are learning and having tons of fun.

Blockus and checkers are a common favorite. This last week I came across the game of "Perfection"
The sound of the timer alone shot me back about 25 years! Then the memory of pure panic driven scrambling to match up rhomboids, squares, rectangles and the elusive quarter pie piece of tiny plastic into separate holes. It added a whole new element of terror as you realized all your hard work went up in a horrible yellow cloud of Chaos at the end if 60 short seconds.

We won't be purchasing that game;)

No comments: