Friday, September 11, 2009

Thing 1 Humor

I have to post about Thing 1's humor lately. Couple years ago it was the art of the nonsense joke. Where you just got the cue to laugh from his own fierce laughter.
This week we have been introduced to "practical jokester Thing 1"

"Hey Mom! I have Poo on my arm" he yells from the bathroom. This was such a disgustingly gross image that entered my mind so I armed myself with baby wipes . Then he showed me his "muddied" arm. It was peanut butter. FUNNY...... to him..... Me I still used the wipes for the peanut butter.

Earlier .......
I am getting out of the shower and started dressing. I think I had one item of clothing on. All of a sudden I hear foot steps on the stairs. My door is the one at the top of the stairs. So I call out...."oh Who is there" and I hear a quick answer "It's me George"

You would think that simple phrase would have no effect.... WRONG with that simple phrase I have never moved across my laundry filled bedroom so swiftly. I was a lighting bolt. I can't even remember crossing the room I was just there shutting the door. FAST.

"George" is our neighbor. You know, you have a "George" in your neighborhood too. The one that knocks on your door CON.st.ant.ly at the same time everyday to see if Thing 1 (or your child) can play. He has been known to not understand "boundaries" being only six I can cut him some slack. Let's be honest, I am still working on that.... I just didn't want to blind our fine youth we have in our neighbor hood :)

3 comments:

Jo Lynn said...

Oh no, good thing you're fast Jen! Too funny, you always have such funny things to share. :)

Kathy said...

LOL. What a funny prankster! And I'm glad you were able to avoid shocking George!

Karine Jones said...

That's funny! You know we DO have a George down the street from us too! He is 12 though and he and his family go to our ward!