Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend!! Santa Cruz


The kids had so much fun out there. We pulled in and it was chilly. I mean wind blowing over cast chilly. We built sand castles and the kids were already getting in the water. The Band went and fetched the older two wet suits. We knew they were going in the water either way. The Fish.... is scared of the water so he just stood on the side lines and watched.

The sun came out and then I fetched my suit and some lunch.

I can't stop raving about the trip to Santa Cruz. I can totally see how surfing gets addicting. I didn't even get up on the board, but I think the fact my arms were two gelatinous masses may have something to do with it. It was just fun to try. Next time I will have done some upper arm workouts to get the lead out and paddle faster. The wetsuit was so tight that no cold water got in there.....sure breathing became more difficult but I was so jazzed about getting out there I loved it. The pony tails told everyone that I wasn't just another 15 year old boy out there. HAHAHA. Thanks Ixchelle and Linnea for watching the kids while we went out!! It was the best.
Here are some pics from the trip.....

7 comments:

Philip and Jaime Connor said...

Looks like fun. Phil and I want to try surfing while we're here in Hawaii. Seems like the perfect place, now we just need the opportunity. :)

Jo Lynn said...

Jenn, you rock girl!!! I'm so proud of you for getting out there and yes, it was a blast!!!! I still can't get over listening to your hubby talk about how hot you were in the wet suit. LOL

Ixchelle said...

So fun, Gidget-lol! I am so glad you guys came. You and I should take surfing classes.

Stacy said...

Awesome pictures. I am so proud of you guys for going out there and doing it. I would be terrified!

Natalie, Jon, Emma, Grace and Seth said...

wow, surfing sounds awesome! i guess you're never too old to try anything. hehe.

Lilian said...

Love it! How cool that you went surfing! We went to the Santa Cruz beach boardwalk a few years ago. My kids loved it!

KPackard said...

You look adorable, girl! And the picture of your kids and hubby reminds me of a group of superheros! Must be the awesome wetsuits. And I love that of all your children, the one nicknamed "The Fish" is afraid of the water--what a cutie!